The gleam of your personality lies in the spotless & well-maintained skin irrespective of what the skin tone is.
Both men and women spent hundreds of dollars searching for the best skin-lightening cream to make themselves presentable.
Many companies exploit this weakness of the aesthetic craving folks by pumping the market with sub-standard products that give results only in paper.
The real issue to be addressed here is hyperpigmentation triggered by a plethora of factors like sun, allergy, food habit, stress, etc.
Therefore, you should be spending time finding a genuine lightening cream for skin blackening rather than wasting your time on fake claims.
Usually, the cream will either be bleaching, whitening or brightening preparations, all of which are used in different contexts but gives the same result.
We heard your cry, and this article is all about three of the best skin-lightening cream for hyperpigmentation. All you have to do is choose a product between either of three and give it a try.
So, without further ado, let us jump into the crux of this article and explore why you should be considering one of these products.
1. Meladerm – Click here for the lowest price
2. Zeta White – Click here for the lowest price
3. Amaira Skin Lightening Serum – Click here for the lowest price
How to lighten your skin without dumping a load of money into a parlor? Is there a shortcut for dazzling and shining skin?
These are the average youth queries that you must find crowding in forums and review spaces. Often the answer would point towards some shady products that you might have to try at your own risk.
Here we are introducing you to Meladerm, a one-of-a-kind and well-sorted product made in the house of Civant Skin Care, based in the United States.
The best highlight of this product is that it doesn’t contain hydroquinone, a classic ingredient used in almost all skin brightening products out there on the market.
With the power of the ten most advanced ingredients, Meladerm is a quick & effortless solution to suppress hyperpigmentation.
This cream targets the melanosomes, the cytoplasmic organelles that give the skin its characteristic pigmentation. Due to various reasons, melanosomes can sometimes be hyperactive, leading to tanning or darkening of the skin.
The active ingredients in this cream would slow down the activity of melanosomes while promotes the exfoliation of the top skin layer, thereby speeding up the lightening process.
There is an arsenal of natural ingredients used in this product, making them natural and organic. Therefore, it is safe, and you can use it without the worry of side effects.
Bearberry, Amla, Kojic Acid, Lemon extract, Licorice root, Niacin, Citric acid, Mulberry extracts are some of the natural ingredients in this product.
Alpha Arbutin, GigaWhite, SymWhite, and SepiWhite are some biosynthetic ingredients you will find apart from natural extracts.
This product is an overall brightening solution that works efficiently to remove melasma, uneven tone, tan, and age spots. It improves the underarm color and can also take care of acne marks, birthmarks, and injury scars.
The manufacturer recommends using the cream twice a day after cleaning the skin. They also recommend using an SPF 30+ cream to reduce sun damage.
• Natural, scientifically prepared, and safe choice for skin lightening.
• An all-in-one solution to clean and add glow to your skin.
• Reduces chloasma and melasma in the first few days of regular use.
• It can be used on any part of the body.
• Made from scientifically studied and FDA-approved ingredients.
• Free from harmful bleaching chemicals, sulfates, paraben, and most importantly, hydroquinone.
• Made from pharmaceutical-grade ingredients and production happens in a cGMP facility.
• This product contains no animal extracts, and therefore it is suitable for vegans.
• Meladerm uses an airless dispenser to store and deliver the contents, thus protecting the cream from oxidation.
• 30 days money-back policy is offered by the manufacturer.
• The cream is not as emollient compared to its competitors, and it doesn’t moisturize your skin.
• The offline market is very weak, and you wouldn’t find this product in major retail shops. Buying online is the best option for this product.
If you prefer nature's magic to keep your skin brightened, then ZetaWhite is undoubtedly one of the best whitening products. It is an organic formulation made from the house of Swiss Research Labs, based in the United Kingdom.
Undoubtedly, this is one of the best hyperpigmentation creams out there that can brighten your skin without employing a chemical bleach or using harsh scrubs.
The formulation is very gentle and safe for the skin, and it, in fact, guarantees protection against discoloration.
The major ingredients are fruit-based, and the rest are plant extracts that can work topically on the skin without triggering any adverse health effects. This product is free from harmful parabens, sulfates, hydroquinone, mercury, and even steroids.
ZetaWhite is suitable for all skin types and tones, and it can even be used by people with very sensitive skin.
Basically, this product is a combination of three formulations, each with a unique set of functions.
• Lightening face wash is the first cream rich in papaya extract and lemon that can suppress melanin production. It has to be applied in the morning and night.
• Lightening moisturizer containing licorice would soften the skin pores for easy nutrient exchange, at the same time blocks harmful sun rays from damaging the skin. So it can be used throughout the day whenever required.
• Lightening night cream is an Allantoin-rich substance that removes the dead skin from the surface and allows new skin cells to proliferate. Apply ample portion before bed.
Apart from the above, this product contains apricot oil, coconut oil, vitamin C extracts from citrus fruits, papin from papaya, cranberry, and strawberry.
On average, it takes about 4-6 weeks for this product to give some positive result, but the early onset of natural skin lightening can be seen within the first few days of use.
Since this product is made from fruit extracts, you can use it on any body part without the fear of damaging the skin or causing burns and boils.
• A 100% vegan product made from fruit extracts for side-effects-less working.
• Made in an FDA-approved cGMP facility using state-of-the-art bioprocessing techniques.
• This product is free from paraben, sulfates, alcohol, and hydroquinone.
• Made using scientifically studied ingredients, therefore can be used safely on all body parts.
• Contains a three-step treatment for three-time frames in a day.
• The results can stay with you for up to 3 weeks if used correctly as recommended by the manufacturer.
• The brand offers a 100% money-back guarantee if it is unsatisfactory.
• Since it doesn't contain any bleaching agents, the results might take up to a month to arrive.
• The market penetration of this product is average; therefore, offline availability is limited.
If you are on the hunt for an all-in-one skin whitening solution, then you can rest now. Amaira Natural Lightening Serum is all you need for a salon-quality skin makeover.
This product is manufactured in the house of Amaira Natural Skincare based in the USA and has been a leading market player for the past few years.
It is a perfect blend of Mulberry and Orchid extracts with a battery of other plant-based extracts to work magic on your skin and is one of the best your dark spots remover.
It is light, harsh, chemical-free, and doesn’t contain common additives like paraben or hydroquinone to artificially speed up the skin brightening.
Regular users have reported a significant reduction in melasma with this cream, and it is also effective in suppressing birthmarks, age spots, sunspots, discolorations, scars, etc.
Since this is a nutraceutical formulation, you can safely use it to improve the skin tone on the underarms, pubic areas, and other sensitive regions.
Amaira uses a scientifically studied and clinically compiled formulation that can even lighten the hyperpigmentation on black skin tone.
The serum is effective in inhibiting the production of tyrosinase, an enzyme that catalyzes the production of melanin which imparts black color to the skin.
With reduced tyrosinase production, the melanin levels significantly diminish, thereby improving the tone of the skin.
Other ingredients like Irish moss will help replenish the skin with important minerals to smoothen wrinkles and increase collagen production to plumpen your skin.
It contains 20+ ingredients, but the highlights are field dock extract, mulberry, kojic acid, Irish moss, orchid extracts, strawberry, and Chinese skullcap.
The manufacturer recommends using Amaira serum twice a day in the morning and night for at least 6-8 weeks to achieve an amazing 3 shades skin tone improvement.
• An excellent compilation of plant-based extracts to achieve three-shade brightening in 6-8 weeks.
• This product is made in an FDA-approved cGMP facility after adequate scientific studies to bring out a side-effects-less product.
• Suitable for reversing the discoloration, treating melasma, improving the glow of skin, and brightening dark skin in sensitive regions.
• This serum doesn’t contain harsh chemicals, sulfates, parabens, or hydroquinone.
• Has exfoliation action; therefore, the cream helps in removing dead skin cells.
• The brand offers 60 days money-back guarantee.
• This cream doesn’t have SPF properties, so you might need to use an additional SPF cream on top of it.
• The results take more than 6 weeks to arrive.
Hyperpigmentation is a natural process that can be triggered by a plethora of factors like stress, sun exposure, chemical exposure, allergy, side effects, etc.
Our skin retains a black color because of the production of a pigment compound called melanin. Melanosomes in the cell are the organelle that secretes this compound.
When your melanosomes over secret melanin, it leads to hyperpigmentation which in effect looks like a tan of skin discoloration.
An enzyme called tyrosinase catalyzes the working of melanosomes. All the products we have discussed above focus on bridling the secretion of this enzyme to control hyperpigmentation.
Hyperpigmentation can affect any part of your body. But the ones that affect the face, chest, or limbs are the types that need immediate care.
Basically, it is classified into three types:
• Melasma: It is caused mainly due to hormonal changes and is seen mostly in ladies during pregnancy. Technically it can occur on any part of the body but mostly seen on the stomach and face.
• Sunspots: These are also called solar lentigines, and sun exposure is the main reason. However, it would only happen over time if you are regularly getting exposed to the sun.
• Post-inflammatory: his hyperpigmentation is often triggered as a result of an immune reaction. Acne, pimples, scar discoloration are examples of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
The mechanism of hyperpigmentation is explained above. There are many causes for this phenomenon, from sun exposure to even an underlying disease.
Some of the most common causes are explained below
• Medications that you are taking might have some side effects which can disrupt normal melanin production leading to hyperpigmentation.
• In women, pregnancy is the most common time during which hyperpigmentation is seen. It is triggered by hormonal changes.
• Sun exposure is the most common factor which can trigger immune cells resulting in hyperpigmentation.
• Addison's Disease is a rare genetic disorder that can result in hyperpigmentation in various body parts.
• Stress has recently been identified as a trigger factor that can immunologically aggravate hyperpigmentation.
There are various treatment regimens for treating this skin condition. Let us go one by one:
• Easy remedies: The easiest would be to avoid sun exposure, which is one of the most common reasons for hyperpigmentation. You can use an SPF 30+ cream if at all you have to go out in the sun.
• Cosmetic procedures: You can always visit a cosmetologist or a dermatologist to undergo clinically approved procedures like laser therapy, intense pulsed light therapy, chemical peels, etc.
• Topical creams: These are the kind of products that we have discussed above. These creams are safe, side-effects-less, and easy to procure. If you can wait a little longer, then topical creams are the best choice.
As the name suggests, these are creams that can improve the skin tone by whitening the existing layer of skin. The mechanism by which it is done might differ depending on the cream.
The regular whitening or lightening cream discussed above uses plant extracts to inhibit the production of tyrosinase enzyme, which catalyzes melanin production.
On the other hand, a bleaching cream would reduce the number of melanocytes in the skin cells, thereby decreasing melanin secretion.
Some other creams work by exfoliating the outer or pigmented skin, allowing new skin cells to grow.
Men's skincare products were very uncommon in the early days. But today, you can find as many products in the women segment available for men as well.
Nowadays, most of the products are made unisex, meaning both the gender can use it and their sex doesn't influence the product's working.
All the products mentioned above can be used by both men and women, without any worries.
The creams basically focus on a universal molecular phenomenon to whiten the skin, which is common for all.
Therefore, yes, men can use the skin whitening cream without any worries.
However, certain product categories like moisturizers might work differently on men and women due to skin texture and roughness.
Certainly not! You don't have to go wait for hours; get a consultation to start using these creams. All these products are designed to make them more domestic and easier to use.
Firstly, these skin-lightening creams are made from natural ingredients that are generally harmless for topical application.
Secondly, they are extensively lab studied and clinically tested before being formulated into a product.
Unless you have a skin condition under treatment or previously treated, you don't have to consult a doctor.
Yes, you can use other products alongside skin whitening creams. This is a niche product that is meant to improve skin tone by suppressing melanin production.
Regular face creams shouldn't interact with the organic formulation of skin whitening creams.
However, if you're using another skin whitening cream with these products, then there is a chance that it might neutralize the efficacy; thus, you won't benefit from both the product.
Even though there is no harm, it is best suggested not to use two skin whitening creams simultaneously, but you can use a regular face cream with a skin whitening cream.
Breastfeeding mothers can use skin lightening/whitening/bleaching creams under discretion. These are natural products devoid of harmful chemical substances.
However, it is best recommended not to use these products during feeding days as these products could be absorbed into the bloodstream.
The research is still ongoing, and conclusive evidence is not yet established regarding the safety of these creams during pregnancy or feeding days.
Therefore, you may consult your doctor before using these products if you need an expert opinion.
Side-effects are unwelcomed biological changes triggered due to the use of a substance that is intended to treat a condition.
All the products introduced above are 100% natural, safe and organic in nature. Therefore, are side-effects-less and won't trigger any adverse health effects.
Even you can use it for a longer period without the fear of any side effects. Very rarely, it might cause allergies in some people with very sensitive skin.
Apart from that, these products are very safe and clinically studied formulations that can brighten the skin without causing any harm.
These creams have a wide range of benefits compared to regular face creams used for whitening. Some of the highlights are:
a. It can be used to treat melasma or chloasma without the need for chemical peeling
b. Made from 100% natural ingredients, therefore are safe and side-effects-less.
c. All these creams are clinically studied and tested and manufactured in an FDA-approved cGMP facility.
d. They don't contain harsh chemicals like paraben, hydroquinone, sulfates, and mercury.
e. These whitening creams also has moisturizing and sun protection included in them. So, you don't need to get different products for that.
f. The price tag is very pocket-friendly compared to a cosmetic procedure, thus saving hundreds of dollars.
Yes, you can wear makeup on top of these products. But make sure that you give ample time for the whitening cream to get absorbed into your skin.
These products are sometimes sticky and might interfere with the makeup. However, once completely diffused into the skin, the trace of the cream is not left behind.
Also, as a perk, some brands exfoliate the dead skin, thereby giving more highlights to the new skin.
That is a very subjective question that depends on factors like skin type, tone, weather, usage pattern, food habits, and genetics.
Still, the onset of results can be seen in few days. The complete result, i.e., the improvement in skin tone, might take up to 8 weeks depending on the product.
These products need to first diffuse into the skin and then regulate melanin production. The already formed pigments can be done anything; therefore, you have to wait till new cells proliferate.
From there on, the hyperpigmentation starts to fade away, which over long-term use might completely disappear.